Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
- Store outdoor furniture and cushions.
- Inspect chimney and roof for cracks and damage.
- Clean downspouts and gutters.
- Rake leaves and shred to use as mulch or dispose of them based on local guidelines.
- Cut back perennial plants and mulch around the base.
- Remove hoses from spigots and drain. Store indoors, coiled and flat.
- Close or install storm windows.
- Test sow blower and have it professionally serviced if necessary.
- Dust blinds and wash curtains throughout your house
- Clean kitchen and bathroom cabinets and dispose of outdated food, medicine and cosmetics.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check windows and doors for weather tightness and install weather stripping where it's needed.
- Have furnace professionally inspected.
- If needed, set traps for rodents.